Restructuring your home means creating multiple interventions aimed at renewing the beauty and functionality of indoor and outdoor spaces. The most realized interventions are those concerning the replacement of the electric and hydraulic system and those concerning the modernization of the frames. Whether it's a small apartment or a large detached house, the purpose of one renovation it is always to increase the economic value of the property and improve its habitability, making it more comfortable.
I window frames they are important functional components that are used to protect the home from thermal shocks and external noises. In order for them to do their job properly, they must be kept in excellent condition. Moreover the windows have a strong aesthetic impact on the style of the house and contribute to give it a neat and elegant appearance. However, over the years the frames can be damaged due to wear and not be more functional, worsening the quality of domestic life. In this guide we will analyze when it is better to change the frames.
The importance of doors and windows
In the past fixtures they were made almost exclusively of wood and their simple structure offered basic performance against the weather and outside noise. In recent years, technological innovation in the window and door sector has made great strides, producing safer and more functional fixtures of the past, especially in terms of energy and acoustic efficiency. The frames in a building can influence the quality of the habitability and consequently contribute to determining the value of the building. For this reason when making the renovation of an apartment it is essential to have modern fixtures installed that can enhance it.
In addition to the classic wooden fixtures, today there are many doors and windows made of sturdy and wear-resistant materials such as aluminum, steel and PVC, each suitable to meet different functional needs. Modern window frames offer multiple advantages at home: they provide a high sound insulation and regulate the temperature, preventing heat and cold from penetrating. This produces many benefits, reducing it energy waste and increasing the saving on domestic users.
Discover the secrets of restructuring: when is it better to change doors and windows?
The windows and doors have a variable duration depending on the type of technology and the materials used during their creation. To keep them in good condition as long as possible, they can be periodically implemented maintenance interventions either by using specialized personnel or by taking advantage of DIY. The main damages caused by the wear of the frames mainly concern scratches, stains and irregularities on the surface.
These problems can be overcome by performing simple polishing and restoration techniques of the damaged material and applying appropriate paints. However, there are cases in which damage to windows and doors concerns structural aspects that compromise the functionality of the frames. In this case it is necessary to contact a company specialized in the sale of quality windows to proceed with their replacement. A specialized operator will carry out an inspection to establish the extent of the work to be performed and will draw up an estimate on the Costi, suitable for customer needs. In general it's better to change the windows when:
- You run the renovation of an apartment.
- Doors and windows let in air drafts and loud noises.
- Structural damage is present to the fixtures that compromise the functionality.
- The windows are now outdated and exceeded.
- The fixtures no longer match the style of the house.
Doors and windows have different costs depending on the model you intend to buy and the materials used. You can save money by using tax deductions on the replacement of fixtures offered by the State for the modernization of buildings that carry out restructuring interventions with low energy impact on the environment. With a 3D virtual simulation, it is also possible to find out what the new fixtures will look like before the work starts.
The advantages of renovating the fixtures of an apartment
There are several reasons to renovate the fixtures of a house, here are the main ones:
- Energy saving: the modern fixtures are designed to guarantee less heat dispersion in the home, so the heat is kept indoors in winter while in summer it is kept outdoors. This results in less use of equipment such as heaters and air conditioners that cause a great waste of energy, harmful to the environment and cause the increase in the cost of households. Changing the fixtures can be an operation within one complete energy restructuring of your own home.
- Aesthetic improvement: new generation doors and windows have a high aesthetic impact and can be completely customized according to the needs of customers. You can choose windows in different materials, finishes and colors. In this way it is possible to improve the appearance of windows and openings in the home, making the rooms more refined and harmonious;
- Greater security: some types of windows and doors are made with anti-burglar technology, able to protect the house from the presence of thieves and criminals. These armored windows ensure very high performance and use extremely robust and durable materials that resist break-in attempts and are equipped with customized combinations to be unlocked.
- Home revaluation: fixtures improve the quality of life at home and for this reason they can increase the economic value of the property at the time of sale. In fact, replacing old windows is essential when you intend to sell your home at a good price; buyers are more attracted to a building that has modern windows and therefore they are willing to pay it at a higher price.
- Government incentives: the State offers numerous economic incentives to those who decide to change old fixtures with modern windows with low energy waste. In this way it is possible to buy high quality products at a very affordable cost.
- Soundproofing: the windows prevent the external noise from entering the house, in order to improve the domestic acoustics. This type of windows is indicated in city houses, particularly exposed to the noise of cars and engines circulating on the street. Furthermore the noises coming from the other apartments of the building are also reduced, guaranteeing a better rest at night.
Doors and energy savings
Modern windows can significantly improve energy savings in the home. By choosing fixtures with a high power of thermal insulation, you can reduce costs on heating in the cold months of the year. Just keep them on for a few hours, to keep the house warm all day, thanks to the lower thermal dispersion offered by these innovative windows and doors. The advantages are evident even in summer as the heat cannot penetrate inside through the windows and the environment stays cool for longer, making it unnecessary to use air conditioners. The choice of the right fixtures for windows and skylights guarantees a high influx of light in the home. In this way natural lighting is exploited e you save on your bill of electricity.
Restructuring and tax deductions
Changing frames can be a profitable investment, thanks to government incentives. The State in fact grants many facilitations on the interventions for thermal improvement of the buildings and on restructuring that improves the level of energy efficiency. Private users and businesses can take advantage of tax deductions and save 65% on expenses incurred.
For access tax deductions for energy savings it is necessary to provide specific documentation to theAENEAS, the national body for new technologies, energy and sustainable economic development. It includes all the invoices and receipts of payments made for the purchase and installation of ecological fixtures. Furthermore, it is necessary to obtain from the installer a certification relating to the new windows and doors that must be transmitted electronically to the agency, within the established time. Finally, a document will have to be provided with all the data concerning the type of intervention performed, the cost incurred, the characteristics of the building in which the property resides and the data of who will benefit from the deduction. Communication also requires the transmittance values of old windows and new ones.
Since these are complex measurements, it is advisable to send the communication to ENEA via a qualified technician which will act as an intermediary between the citizen and the institution. Fortunately, the invoices relating to the technician's work can also be deducted, maximizing savings. Incorrect communication of the data requested by ENEA can lead to a loss of tax benefits, for this reason it is essential to pay attention when it is requested and during the implementation of the online procedure. Once the communication to ENEA has been made, the receipt indicating the electronic transmission, the invoices and the receipts of the transfers must be delivered to the accountant. In this way the professional can provide for the deduction of the costs for the replacement of the frames when completing the tax return.
It is good to remember that the maximum limit for tax deductions on energy savings in case of replacement of doors and windows it is 60.000 euro, once this amount is exceeded it is no longer possible to use them to cover the costs. If you do not meet the requirements for obtaining tax savings for energy savings, you can assess whether you can take advantage of the discounts on building renovations. They allow to obtain a maximum deduction of 50% on the replacement of the frames, provided that certain conditions are respected:
- The intervention must be performed on an existing building;
- The deduction can only take place on works carried out on houses or common parts of residential buildings.
In this case the requirements are less restrictive than those for obtaining the 65% of deductions. They also vary depending on the type of door and window frames to be replaced both on the individual housing units and on the condominium parts. If you want to replace the windows of a single living unit, some features such as color, shape and materials need to be different. Instead, for the replacement of windows on condominium parts the conditions indicated above are not required. The legislation provides that windows can be installed with the same characteristics as those already existing. To take advantage of the 50% tax deduction it is not necessary to carry out the telematic communication procedure with ENEA. Just give the accountant the cadastral data of the property, the invoices and the bank receipts that will be used at the time of the tax return.
My contact details:
Feel free to contact me for any information, the quote is free and you can request it online or use the contact details on this page.