Home refurbishing requires the implementation of specialized interventions, aimed at restoring the functionality and aesthetics of the building. Relying on expert companies is fundamental for the success of the project. The cost of the intervention restructuring times may vary depending on the type of work to be carried out and the products used. In this article, we will analyze how much does it cost to renovate a house and how to save.
Restructuring a home: why it is convenient to do so
Il cost of renovation of an apartment it can be burdensome and difficult to sustain, especially when it comes to very large dwellings with considerable damage caused by the wear and tear of time. However, home renovation is very important to keep it always functional and safe. In fact, over the years, some plants and structural materials can corrode and give way, endangering the tenants. For this reason, it is advisable to carry out periodic maintenance interventions, making use of the advice of experts in the building sector.
Here five good reasons for
- Restructuring saves money: to carry out restructuring interventions, using modern and avant-garde materials, to achieve considerable savings on the bills and increase the comfort of the home;
- Improved sound and thermal insulation: renovation works can improve the soundproofing of walls and ceilings, limiting both the entrance and the exit of noise outside, making the house quiet and comfortable. Furthermore, thermal improvement works can be carried out which allow the house to be kept cool in summer and warm in winter, reducing the use of heating and air conditioners;
- Improving energy performance: the latest technologies on the market make it possible to renovate a home, obtaining a general improvement in energy performance. In this way, it is possible to save on households and preserve the health of the environment, avoiding unnecessary energy waste;
- Increase home security: the periodic control of the plants and structural materials of the house contributes to keeping it safer for the owners and tenants;
- Increases the value of the home: a renovated house has a higher real estate value than an old-fashioned house. This allows you to sell it easily at an affordable price.
How to carry out the restructuring
To carry out a renovation of the house, first of all it is necessary to carry out a thorough evaluation of the interventions to be made. Addressing one building firm expert in restructuring, a specialized operator will perform an inspection of the property and advise the owner of the work to be done at home. Generally the cost of renovating an apartment depends on the type and number of interventions to be carried out.
There are several types of restructuring: That complete, which provides for the replacement of floors, fixtures, installations, demolition of walls and painting of walls, and that partial, consisting of interventions aimed only at restoring certain areas of the house.
In the case of minor maintenance and modernization operations, it is not necessary to request special municipal permits. On the contrary, in the case of complex works, designed to modify the original structure of the building, where demolitions and reconstructions are planned from scratch, it may be necessary to turn to specialized figures, such as surveyors and architects.
- Define the budget maximum available for the execution of the works. The expense must include both the cost of materials and that of labor and any technical advice;
- Set the timing in which the work must take place;
- Contact a construction company that specializes in home renovations and carry out a personalized inspection to establish the extent of the interventions to be carried out;
- Order the interventions according to their priority and the impact they have on the habitability of the building;
- Before starting work, forward the necessary documents to obtain authorization to carry out the restructuring;
- Acquire any certifications certifying the improvements made to the apartment, such as energy efficiency certificates;
- At the end of the work, if necessary, proceed with any cadastral updating of the house.
How much does the renovation of an apartment cost?
Il cost of a home renovation per square meter it is not easy to establish, since the expense can vary based on different factors. First of all it will be necessary to establish the type of intervention to be carried out. In general, building works are divided into ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. Extraordinary maintenance works require a profound modification of the original structure of the house and therefore require specialized interventions and permits granted by the Municipality of residence, which can increase the final cost of the renovation.
Generally the most expensive interventions concern the plant renovation. On average, in an 100 square meter apartment, the cost of a new electrical installation starts from 3500 € to rise, while the hydraulic system can also reach 6000 €, depending on its complexity. To these figures, the costs related to masonry which, in almost all cases, are necessary to carry out this kind of building work. As for the floor replacement, on average the costs range from 15 at 30 euro / sqm. Instead, the expense for the demolition and raising of walls it's about 18 euro / sqm, but can increase up to 30 euros per square meter, in the event that final painting is also required. Additional costs are inherent in the discharge of waste materials and ai finishing work. Finally, regarding the replacement of fixtures, usually the prices go from 600 euros to climb, for doors and windows in pine wood.
Il cost of home renovations in sq.m. it also changes from region to region. In the regions of North part of Italy, the price for a complete renovation is around 1300 euros per square meter. The remaking of the electrical and hydraulic systems, instead, amounts to approximately 250 euro / sqm. To the South, the prices are slightly lower: a complete renovation reaches around 1200 euro / sqm, while the only modernization of the plants can be performed with around 230 euro / sqm. It must be remembered that the above prices almost always refer only to labor and to which must be added the costs for the materials to be used and any compulsory licenses and certifications. Fortunately, thanks to the tax incentives on restructuring, it is possible to obtain a considerable saving and amortize the costs incurred.
How much does it cost to renovate a house? A small guide to tax deductions and incentives
Who decides to renovate the house, carrying out energy modernization interventions, can take advantage of favorable tax incentives on restructuring and save. Here is a list of main forms of deduction for restructuring:
- Irpef deduction for anti-seismic works: in order to favor the anti-seismic adaptation of the houses, in the national areas with the greatest earthquake risk, the State offers an Irpef or Ires deduction equal to 65% for interventions aimed at improving the safety of the buildings present in these regions. Cities benefiting from the 1 and 2 zones, established by PCM ordinance n. 3274 / 2003. Tax benefits can be requested up to a maximum cost of 96 thousand euros. The repayment is made through 10 installments distributed throughout the year;
- Irpef deduction for energy improvement operations: if in the restructuring interventions are planned to improve the energy performance of the building, you can benefit from a facilitation of 65% on the Irpef or Ires. There is a maximum reimbursement fee, based on the type of intervention carried out. This category includes works related to: replacement of doors and windows, acoustic and thermal insulation, energy improvement of electrical and plumbing systems, roof renovation, interventions made with materials with low environmental impact and use of eco-sustainable technologies;
- Mobile bonuses: if furnishing is also included in the home renovation, you can request the furniture bonus. This is a facility that allows you to obtain an income tax deduction up to 50% on a maximum amount of 10 thousand euros;
- VAT concessions: those who work on energy modernization at home can take advantage of the reduced VAT at 10% on all costs related to the services of the building company that has carried out the restructuring and on the expense incurred for the purchase of the materials.
Also, in the future, with the new one 2017 Stability Law it seems that the 65% deduction threshold for restructuring will rise up to 80%. To request tax benefits, it is essential to obtain all the receipts and documents that attest to the payment of the expenses and the related works carried out. To avoid the risk of making mistakes and losing tax deductions on restructuring, it is advisable to contact a business consultant expert who will be able to guide you in the processing of files. To obtain the financial benefits it is necessary to pay the company that carried out the work with the so-called talking transfer, characterized by the following items:
- Specific cause for the standard of which you intend to benefit;
- Tax code of the applicant for the concession;
- VAT number or company tax code who performed the building works.
Finally, another important aspect to succeed in obtaining tax incentives on restructuring concerns the regularity of the company who carries out the work. In fact, the law grants tax advantages only to those who have obtained building services from certified and regularly registered companies. For this reason, it is essential to refer only to serious and professional companies, able to issue a regular invoice, which is essential to request tax benefits.
My contact details:
Feel free to contact me for any information, the quote is free and you can request it online or use the contact details on this page.